It pretty much went according to plan, some changes but the players enjoyed it, it would be interesting to run the adventure again - change a few dials and see how it plays differently.
Here's how I wrote up the last 3 sessions:
Present the Threat
Arrival at tower
- Merchants carrying exotic overland goods, large crowd growing outside shut gates.
- Rumours of one brother acting strangely after returning from an adventuring trip
- After a time the Speaking face will sound the alarm, the doors will bursts open unleashing swarms of clockwork pirates.
- If un-reacted to the genies guards begin to lose and merchant will urge anyone with strength to help.
Fight to the Top
- Several combat encounters up the tower
The Brother Plight
- Two of the genie's are lying unconscious in their rooms, under a demonic curse.
- Merchants will know where the Pirates came from, and why its important that whatever affects the brothers be stopped, them re-united and made well (they are the only ones who can open the gates to the overmarch)
Ramp Up The Tension
Flight to Red Roost
- The genies have a roost of Hippogryphs
- Red Roost must be navigated to.
- Pirates patrols can be avoided or tackled
- the final patrol is at sunset.
Finding a Way Inside
- Gain entry to the Red Roost fortes via stealth or strength, either skill challenges or combat encounters.
Showdown with Red
- Djinn has glamour cast upon him, he's really demon
- Fight with the 3rd demon-bound clone of brother
- A large talisman will open a pocket dimension to the Abyss.
Finale and onwards
Through the Portal
- Search the Demense
- Encounter weird Abyssal entities
- Possible chance of combat encounters.
- Fight with Arch-Demon guarding the 3rd Brother
- Brother kept in purpqle energy cage
Back to the Tower
- When free'd the brother will teleport everyone back to the tower and revive his brothers, Open the gate to the overmarch.